Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Bavaria Bound

I'm moving and this time it's going to require more than a Uhaul to get my things and I to our new destination.  I've taken a job through the Department of Defense and will be moving to Garmisch-Partenkirchen Germany for 13 months to work at Edelweiss Lodge and Resort.  Edelweiss is a US government owned and operated R&R facility for active and retired military and their families. It is about an hour South of Munich near the German border with Austria and Switzerland in the Alps. By all accounts, it's beautiful. I'm not sure what I'll be doing just yet, I'll know more when I arrive, but I'm excited for this adventure and for the doors this will hopefully open. 

I will be leaving from Birmingham on December 12th. Before that happens I have a lot of packing to do, some shopping (let's face it, I'm from Alabama - I'm not prepared for "real" winter!), visiting/goodbyes with friends, Thanksgiving, a Birthday, makeshift/early Christmas and who knows what else. I guess I also need to work on acquiring some followers for this little blog!

1 comment:

  1. My husband's aunt lives near there! (Stuttgart) She LOVES IT...I've actually only met her once in ten years because she doesn't want to come home! lol I look forward to reading your blog! (And lots of pictures please! lol) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete