Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Traditions

I tried my best to take in all that is **Thanksgiving** today since I won't be home for the holidays next year (maybe "I'll Be Home for Christmas" will finally begin to resonate with me?). I woke up early and watched Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade while intermittently napping. I assisted with cooking, decorating and table setting. I ate more than is reasonable or responsible. I watched a little football and caught up with my family while simultaneously experiencing the unavoidable "awkward" that is our family. It was a very well-rounded, all-American holiday celebration! Though, I did have a little trouble getting into the holiday spirit with the weather being in the 80's...so strange!

After all of the Thanksgiving-ness, I hopped in the car with my friend Amanda and drove to Tuscaloosa for the Iron Bowl tomorrow. Going tonight will help us avoid the certain-to-be-intense traffic in the morning. Thanksgiving weekend just wouldn't be right without the annual culmination of the biggest rivalry in college football. The stakes are even higher this year as Alabama is the defending National Champion and Auburn has a real shot at taking the title this season. It's going to be a great game - Roll Tide and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment