Saturday, December 4, 2010

Goodbyes & Great-buys

I just experienced the world's best Birthday! I saw so many wonderful friends and was on the receiving end of an outpouring of B-day love. Last year I was a bit apprehensive about my birthday so, I wasn't sure how I would feel this year but so far, 25 is fantastic! I'm pretty certain that my impending move spurred elevated levels of emotion.  I had to say goodbye to a lot of fantastic friends for a while-it wasn't easy. There were a lot of hugs and some tears... It's going to be a great year and it will fly by but it's hard, nonetheless, to part ways with good friends.

On the happier end of things, I made off with some sweet swag! My friends (and family) know me pretty darn well! Check it:







That's right! I can now use phrases like "Your outfit looks really cheap" (dein outfit ist echt billig), "No thanks, Meth isn't my thing!" (Nee Meth ist nichts fur mich) or "Shut your trap" (Halt die klappe), among other really offensive and potentially useful terms. Awesome! 



Check out this precious houndstooth computer case! The red zipper/piping makes it the perfect companion for this Alabama fan and her MacBook Pro! Plus, it's big enough to hold all of my cords and things! Roll Tide!




There's nothing scandalous in that bag - just some really awesome tights and tops to keep me warm this winter. They are SO soft! I'm going to be one warm and comfortable lady! 


I received a few very unique and sure-to-be-useful notebooks.  The one that says "Traveler" is actually "A Voyager's Notebook" (this might have been a fantastic blog title now that I think about it...). I've never seen anything like it. It has tabs inside for: Itinerary, lodgings, restaurants & cafes, exhibits & events, markets & shops and addresses. It will certainly be handy. The standing notebook is simply amazing! My dear friend Amy gave me this unlined journal and filled the first 15 or so pages with pictures of us and our adventures together as well as extremely thoughtful notes. It made me cry!




I received a handful of other fantastic gifts too but, some of them were pretty hard to photograph (like the super cool hooded scarf with pockets or the uber festive holiday apron!). I am so thankful for my thoughtful and gracious friends! They made some great-buys and made my day very special!

If you noticed, I mentioned crying more than once in this blog post. If you know me, you know that I'm not much of a crier! This week is going to be tough and has already been a bit of an emotional roller coaster. Beware of the tears - they are on the loose! I'll try to rein them back in but I can't make any promises! I'll be back to my normal, stone cold, tearless self in a few days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment